The Newcastle/Mike Ashley saga is one that won’t stop running. The under fire Newcastle United owner has been urged to accept an unspecified offer from a consortium led Tyneside businessman Harry Moat, according to The Guardian.
Ashley is rather optimistically looking for £100million for the ailing club, but Seymour Pierce, the investment bank who are handling the sale of the club, are recommending that he accepts the bid from the Moat consortium.
Moat himself is a box-holder at St James’ Park, and is thought to be backed by American money. He was also the chairman of Alan Shearer’s testimonial committee, meaning that a successful sale could mean that Shearer remains Newcastle manager.
- Newcastle United football,
- Newcastle United Alan Shearer,
- Newcastle United Harry Moat,
- Harry Moat,
- Mike Ashley Newcastle United,
- Mike Ashley urged to sell Newcastle United,
- Alan Shearer,
- newcastle united,
- Premier League,
- Seymour Pierce Micke Ashley Newcastle United Seymour Pierce